- This event has passed.
Let It Snow! Opening Celebration
Jan 22 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The Belton Area Museum Association (BAMA) invites the community to join in a fun and family-friendly opening celebration of its newest exhibit Let It Snow! on Sunday, Jan. 22, from 3 – 5 PM at the historic Belton train depot.
Using snow and ice as its core theme, this exhibit brings a winter wonderland to upstate SC. The exhibit features collections of snow globes of all types and ceramics with snow themes, vintage items needed to play and dress for snow days, sports memorabilia from icy sporting events, antique and vintage photos of landmarks in the snow as well as families enjoying the snow, and traditions associated with snowy forecasts.
As patrons enter the North End Gallery, they will walk through icicles and snowflakes to find an igloo made from recycled gallon jugs and kids can have a mock snowball fight indoors. A quick tutorial on how to best prepare your car for inclement weather will be offered by personnel from Advance Auto Parts. In addition, patrons can register for a free give-away winter car-care kit.
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits will also have swag to give away that day.
Vampire Penguin-Anderson will be at the opening celebration, offering their one of a kind snow treats. These delectable desserts will be $8 each and more information about the variety and options can be found at their Facebook page at Vampire Penguin Anderson SC.
Sponsored by Anderson County ATAX, City of Belton HTAX, the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Advance Auto Parts, and Vampire Penguin-Anderson, the event is free for the public to enjoy.
“In addition as a tie in event to this exhibit, we are so excited to be bringing back our Home School Days program” said Abigail Burden, BAMA executive director.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.