The Belton Alliance is a non-profit organization established to work with public, private and civic entities to promote economic growth and quality of life in the Belton area. The mailing address is PO Box 111, Belton, SC 29627. The Alliance is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors consisting of the following individuals:
- President Rex Maynard
- Vice President Dupre Keys
- Treasurer Rex Maynard
- Secretary Beth Cobb
- Immediate Past President Kevin Craft
2022 Board Members:
- Rex Maynard
- Jan Bratcher
- Joseph Brice
- Richard Dorn
- Michael Gilreath
- John Neel
- Nathan Brown
- Beth Cobb
- Michelle McCollum
- Tammy Roberts
- Dupre Keys
2022 Ex-Officio Board Members:
- Eleanor Dorn, City of Belton Mayor
- Brandy Vaughn, City of Belton Council Representative
To build a better and brighter Belton, the Belton Alliancehas seven strategic priorities addressed by committees:
1. Economic Development & Government Relations: The Belton Alliance works with city and county officials to encourage economic development and growth in the area. This includes an inventory of existing and potential manufacturing, industrial and retail properties. Efforts will also be made to secure investments for spec buildings and to upgrade abandoned buildings and improve parking in and around The Square.
2. Revitalization: The Belton Alliance encourages revitalization throughout the Belton community, including working with the Belton Beautification Committee. This includes The Square, gateways to the city and more. The Alliance encourages revitalization and maintenance of existing properties and upgrades to the city’s aesthetics and image.
3. Outreach, Web Presence & Social Media: The Belton Alliance promotes all that Belton has to offer through a professionally designed and maintained website (www.gobelton.com) and social media. The website and Facebook will focus on a community calendar, economic development and living in and visiting Belton.
4. Branding & Events: The Belton Alliance promotes and markets community activities and events to further enrich the quality of life in our area. Efforts will be made to support and enhance the Belton brand “A Historic Heart…with a New Beat!”, promote and participate in existing events and encourage new activities to promote the Belton area and help us tell “our story.”
5. Membership & Organization: This priority focuses on the Belton Alliance Board of Directors, committees and members….all necessary and important parts that are essential to carry out the work and reach the goals of the strategic priorities.
6. Bubblegum Rail Trail: Plan and implement trail improvements and major maintenance.
Memberships are available at the following annual dues:
|Retail & Service:||$75|
|Manufacturing & Industrial:||$75|
|Non Profit Organizations:||$50|