Handmade-Fall Craft Classes
Sep 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until November 21, 2019
The Belton Area Museum Association in conjunction with All About Fabrics/Phoenix of Anderson presents a three-month exhibit entitled Handmade.
As a tie in activity to the exhibit, craft classes have been arranged with local artisans during the next three months. The class schedule is:
- September 19-Stained Glass instructed by Justin Atkin (make a Christmas ornament); limited to 15 people. Sign up by September 14. $25.
- September 26-Basket Weaving instructed by Kathy Lowe (make a small basket); limited to 10 people. Sign up by September 21. $30.
- October 10-Quilting instructed by Kathy Koon (make a quilted wallet); limited to 20 people. Sign up by October 5. Participants must bring a personal sewing machine. $45.
- October 17-Soap Making instructed by Isabell & Dan Boob of 5th Wheel Farm (make a bar of scented soap); limited to 15 people. Sign up by October 12. $20.
- November 7-Wreath Making instructed by Melanie Kyle (make a Christmas/Thanksgiving burlap wreath); limited to 15 people. Sign up by November 2. $30
- November 21-Candle Making instructed by Magnolia Scents of Greenville (make a scrented soy candle); limited to 10 people. Sign up by October 21. $25. Note…this class will be held at the downtown Greenville location.
Check out the Belton Depot Facebook page or www.beltonmuseum.com for more information and to sign up for classes.
A home school day is also planned for Sept. 25, at 10 AM. Cost is $3 per student and open to ages 7 – 12.
Presented by All About Fabrics/Phoenix of Anderson with additional sponsorship by Anderson County ATAX and the City of Belton HTAX, the exhibit is free to visit.
The Handmade exhibit is on display through December 14 during normal museum hours, Wednesday-Friday (9 – 2), Saturday (10-12), or by appointment. For more information or to arrange a tour, please contact Abigail Burden, executive director, at 338-7400.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.