- This event has passed.
BAMA 7th Annual Turkey Shoot
Nov 20 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
Enjoy great food, tests of skill, good old-fashioned competition and possibly take home your Thanksgiving dinner at the Fifth Annal BAMA Turkey Shoot! Visit Toney Creek Plantation for target shooting at its best. The plantation is located off Hwy. 247 at 155 Toney Creek Road, Belton. It sits on acreage owned by the same family for 200 years!
Registration begins on Saturday, November 20 at 8:30 AM at the scenic upland hunting preserve. The last shoot will be around 1 pm. Hosted by the Belton Area Museum Association, the event is free to attend, thanks to the presenting sponsor Sportsman’s Warehouse. “Young and old are invited to participate in this old-fashioned event,” said Abigail Burden, BAMA Executive Director.
Participants can purchase turkey targets for $5 to $10 and engage in over 10 contests to win great prizes. Entrants will use shotguns to see who can hit a pellet closest to the center of the target. Ammo and guns will be provided or you may bring your own gun. There is no limit to the number of targets participants can purchase.
In the children’s division, those from 8 – 12 years of age can purchase a turkey target too. The targets will be set up at a shorter distance.
“Even if you don’t want to participate in the turkey shoot, there are still lots of fun things to do at the event, including games and crafts for kids and food, of course,” stated Burden.
“Like” the Belton Area Museum Association on Facebook and check out the newest events and information. You can also find us at www.beltonmuseum.com.
Please call Abigail Burden, BAMA Executive Director, at 338-7400 for more information.
See you at the Turkey Shoot!
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.