- This event has passed.
Animation Station Exhibit-Saturdays
Jul 15 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until August 19, 2023
In honor of the 100th anniversaries of Disney and Warner Brothers studios, BAMA is hosting a new exhibit celebrating the animated cartoon characters that have made history!
The exhibit features animation character cels from classic cartoons, merchandise tie-ins over the years, costumes, animated film stations, and memorabilia to celebrate characters that have become part of the American landscape. From Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Raya and from Porky Pig to Teen Titans, animations have been enriching our lives by providing laughter and sometimes social commentary.
Throughout the exhibit run, there are also events and activities for families to enjoy, including summer camps, free Saturday matinees and a Disney Cartoon Trivia Night.
“Come visit this interactive exhibit and participate in the fun tie-in activities coming up this summer,” said Abigail Burden, BAMA executive director. “Immerse yourself in the all things related to the animated cartoon characters of your youth.”
The exhibit will be on display until August 19 during normal museum hours Wednesday – Friday, 9 to 2, and Saturday 10 to noon. The exhibit is free to enjoy, thanks to the patronage of Anderson County ATAX and the City of Belton HTAX.
For group tours, please contact Abigail Burden, executive director, at 864-338-7400 or [email protected].
Please check the Belton Area Museum Association Facebook page for updated information.
The Belton Area Museum Association is a place where people of all ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities can learn about and experience our area’s history and culture. Museum admission is free.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.