- This event has passed.
A Little Bit Country Exhibit
April 3, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until May 31, 2019
The new exhibit at the Belton Depot examines the meaning of “country” historically and currently.
From love of the land to traditional crafting skills, from the best sweet tea recipe to Grandma’s kitchen, from musical talent to new advances in agricultural technology, this exhibit will feature all things “Country.”
Interactive exhibit activities include a potting station under a greenhouse sponsored by Gus’s Home Center so kids can pick seed types to plant in jars to take home, a video station where people can record their memories of growing up in the country, and a traditional butter churning station.
In the exhibit you will also find farm implements, carnival glass, husbandry items, quilts, farmhouse decor and kitchen utensils, enamelware, carpentry tools, churns and baskets, and photographs and paintings of rural scenes.
Hosted by the Belton Area Museum Association, the exhibit is free to the public, thanks to the patronage of the following sponsors: Pickens Railway, Old Stone Tractor, Belton Metal Company, Anderson County ATAX, City of Belton HTAX, Gus’s Home Center, and ACE Hardware of Williamston and Belton.
The museum is open Wednesday – Friday (9 am – 2 pm), and Saturday (10 am – noon), or by appointment. Items will be on display through June 1.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.