Belton Standpipe Heritage and Arts Festival
Oct 7 @ 11:00 am - 9:00 pmFree
For over thirty years the Belton community has come together to celebrate hometown living in the midst of the upstate’s beautiful fall weather and foliage. This year’s Belton Standpipe Heritage and Arts Festival will combine the best of the past and infuse the event with new and fun activities that the whole family can enjoy.
Featuring local and regional entertainers with live onstage acts, unique arts and crafts from all over the United States, local food venues, and more, this festival is the longest continually running fall festival in Anderson County. The festival will take place on the square in Belton on Saturday, October 7, from 11am to 9pm.
There are many events in the week leading up to the festival. On Saturday, September 30, the Belton Center for the Arts will open its display of over 80 extraordinary pieces of artwork, curated from artists hailing from a tri-state area. The celebration is open to the public and begins at 7pm.
Thursday and Friday, October 5 & 6, will be Education Days at Heritage Days at the Belton depot. Over 2000 school children will enjoy interactive and hands-on instruction in the skills and artistry of their ancestors. School groups and homeschoolers will attend sessions from 8:45am to 2pm each day. The artisans will be on hand for public presentations on Saturday from 10:30 to 3:30 during the festival.
Activities on the day of the festival are aplenty.
There will be an open car show on the square from 10am to 3pm. Vintage and antique automobiles as well as newer models will be entered into competition for cash prizes and trophies. Traditionally, over 100 cars have participated in the renowned cruise in each year. Visit the Belton Alliance website to register.
After the opening ceremonies at 11am on the main stage, entertainment will begin at 11:30am and continue throughout the day.
Other activities throughout the day include over 80 crafters and business booths, museum and Standpipe tours, art activities, demos by heritage skills artisans, and much more. Food offerings on the square from 12 vendors will run the gamut from fried fish to bratwurst, gourmet baked potatoes and Asian noodles, barbeque and hot wings, lattes, fried Twinkies and Italian ice.
The festival will end with a fireworks show.
Admission and parking are free. Contact Lori Maness at 864-617-9992 or [email protected] for more information.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.