- This event has passed.
French Fairy Tales
Feb 10 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 6:00 pm, repeating until February 10, 2024
The BHP Drama Department in conjunction with the Belton Area Museum Association is excited to announce the dramatization of French folklore at the Belton Depot this weekend.
The dramatic acts will be held for public viewing during exclusive presentations on two nights–Friday, Feb. 9 and Saturday Feb. 10, beginning at 6 pm each night. The $7 admission price can be paid at the door. The community is invited to attend.
Three French fairy tales will be presented: “Bluebeard,” “Fairy Gifts,” and “Sylvain and Jacosa.”
“French fairy tales, like all fairy tales, had a moral or message that listeners should learn,” stated BHP Drama Teacher Noah Powell. “Our students have taken these classic folk tales and have re-imagined them, so the vignettes should be very entertaining to those who are in the audience.”
“Bluebeard” acts out the tale of a wealthy and powerful nobleman who has been married six times to beautiful women who have all mysteriously vanished. “ Fairy Gifts” follows the Queen of the Fairies who gives personality gifts to those in her charge. She learns how each gift can be a curse as well when it is exclusive to all other traits. And In “Sylvain and Jacosa,” two dear friends find out the result of responsibilities left untended.
These fairy tales hale from France’s cultural traditions and complement the exhibit on display at the Belton Depot.
“C’est la Belle Vie,” an exhibit celebrating the history, culture, and traditions of France, is on display until March 9 during regular museum hours (Wednesday – Friday, 9 – 2, and Saturday 10 – noon), or by appointment by calling executive director Abigail Burden at 864-338-7400.
“Join us for these amazing theatrical works re-imagined for a modern audience this weekend,” urged Powell.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.