Belton Events Scheduled for the Spring
Events and activities scheduled for Belton through the winter and spring, emphasizing Belton’s slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
- Combo Kings-Enjoy great music and dancing….FREE and open to the public at the Listening Room on Main. Wine and beer are sold for $2 with the proceeds to go to Belton non-profit organizations, including the Belton Alliance, the Belton Tennis Association and the Belton Center for the Arts. The spring and summer schedule is:
- March 16 (St. Patrick’s Day Celebration…a Belton Alliance Event)
- March 20
- April 7 (South Carolina Chili Cookoff Championships)
- April 10
- May 8
- May 22
- June 12
- June 26
- July 17
- The Combo Kings will also be playing at Greenwood Uptown Alive on May 24, the Anderson Block Party May 31, the Iva Block Party on June 7 and September 27 and in Muscle Shoals, Alabama July 23-27.
- Las Artes Decorativas: The Art and Artifacts of Spain. The exhibit is held in cooperation with the Anderson International Festival “Mucho Gusto, Espana!” Guests can view furniture, coins, jewelry, tiles, metalwork, textiles, and artwork with Spanish origins. Featuring handcrafts from the various regions of Spain, the collection of secular and religious artifacts will show the varied influences….Moorish, Flemish, and Italian….that make Spanish decorative arts unique. Also in the exhibit are artifacts from Spain’s storied past. See items from the time Rome ruled Spain, and most of Europe, to the era when Spain ruled much of the New World. The exhibit is free to the public, thanks to the sponsorship of the City of Belton HTAX and Anderson County ATAX. The exhibit continues during normal museum hours (Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (9:00 until 2:00) and Saturdays (9:00 until 1:00) through April 14.
- District Two Spring Showcase. March 1 thru March 24 at the Belton Center for the Arts. Opening reception Thursday, March 1 from 3:30 to 5:30. The Belton Center for the Arts will be proudly hosting the showcase of young talent from Belton and Honea Path area schools. Come support the children of our community.
- Ole! A Night For The Museum. March 15 6:30 to 9:00. Join the Belton Area Museum Association for a fun evening of food, fun and fellowship along with silent and live auctions at the historic Belton Depot. $25/person. Tickets may be purchased at the Belton Museum Association on the north end of the historic Belton Depot.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration with the Combo Kings. March 16 6:30 to 9:00 at the Listening Room. Join the Belton Alliance for a fun evening of food, refreshments, music and dancing to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day one day early! Fish ‘N Chips will be sold from 6:30 to 7:30 for $5/person. Wine and beer will be available for $2 and soft drinks and water for $1 to benefit the Belton Alliance. The Combo Kings will begin playing your favorite tunes at 7:30.
- Egg Dye & Play Day. March 23 10:00 to 12:00 for children ages 3 through 6 at the Belton Center for the Arts. $6/child.
- Beyond Skin. April 7 through May 18 at the Belton Center for the Arts. This exhibit focuses on artwork created for the human body: tattoos. Opening reception April 7 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- South Carolina Chili Cookoff Championship. April 13, 14 & 15. One of the premier International Chili Society Sanctioned chili cookoffs on the east coast. Enjoy fun, entertainment and great chili during this sanctioned state championship event. Cooks come from all over the United States to compete for an opportunity to move on to the national championships.
- Chili Pepper Golf Tournament. Friday, April 13 10:00 at Saluda Valley Country Club, just 5 miles from Belton. Try your good luck on Friday the 13th! Open to all who wish to play with the proceeds to go to the Belton Area Museum Association.
- Cooks & VIP Party. Friday, April 13 6:30 to 10:00 in downtown Belton.
- South Carolina Chili Cookoff Championship. Saturday, April 14 10:00 to 5:00 in downtown Belton.
- Kegs & Eggs. Sunday, April 15 7:30 to 2:00 at the Holiday Inn, 3509 Clemson Boulevard in Anderson. Note…private event.
- Spring Studio Sale. April 14 11:00 to 3:00 at the Belton Center for the Arts. Have a favorite local artist? Come dig through their stock. Area artists will be parting with their pieces with $100-and-under and $200-and-under price tags.
- Basket Weaving Class. April 22 at the Belton Area Museum in the historic Belton depot. Call 864-338-7400 for details.
- Derby Days. May 5 4:00 to 6:00 at the Listening Room on Main. Presented by the Belton Center for the Arts. Cast your predictions on the winning horse for a chance to win! Live broadcast of the Derby, auction, heavy hors d’oeurves, cash bar and more.
- H2O Exhibit. Opening May 6 at the Belton Area Museum in the historic Belton Depot. This exhibit will feature water-related items such as water sports equipment, artifacts relating to aquatic animals, and water powered artifacts. Details to follow.
Leave a Reply