Belton Events Scheduled Through the Summer:
Events and activities scheduled for Belton during the winter and early spring, emphasizing Belton’s slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
Double check as some events may be cancelled or postponed due to Covid 19.
- Combo Kings: Enjoy great music and dancing….and open to the public at the Listening Room on Main. $10/person admission. Most events at the Listening Room start at 7:00 and the band plays until 9:45 Wine, beer, soft drinks and water are sold for $3. The band usually performs on Tuesday evenings. See the separate post on the Combo Kings for their latest schedule. Doors open at a 6:00.
- Artists’ Gathering, Belton Center for the Arts-Every Tuesday morning from 10:00 to 12:00. Members of the Belton Center for the Arts are offered the opportunity to use the upstairs classroom at no charge. Get inspiration or critique from other artists if you’d like, or just work independently. Depending on interest, live models may be available occasionally. Bring your own materials and no instruction is provided. Email Mary Anne Porter at [email protected] if you are interested in attending. No registration is required.
- Art Classes, Belton Center for the Arts-Classes for children and adults:
- Prayer Bowls. Groups may contact the Center for the Arts to schedule. Often we mean to think or pray for others, but forget what those needs are. A prayer bowl solves that problem by creating a space to store those reminders. Decorate ceramic bowls with alcohol inks to serve as your own “prayer bowl.”
- Expedition! A Natural History Adventure Around the World, Belton Area Museum-Take a trip around the world, coming face to face with animals, gemstones, minerals, and fossils from six of the seven continents. The museum is excited to once again put on display animals from the Finley Family taxidermy collections and gemstones from Gina Clary, owner of Diamond Hill Mine. The exhibit will be on display during regular museum hours through October 10.
- Palmetto Championships Presented by Chick-fil-A of Anderson, Belton Tennis Association-July 11, 12 & 13. Tennis tournament for players 18-and-under has been played in Belton since 1957. Junior players from across South Carolina will compete for singles titles in 14U, 16U & 18U divisions. Matches will be played starting at 8:00 each day at the Belton Tennis Center, Leda Poore Park, BHP High School, Anderson University and Cardinal Racket Club.
- Viva Artists, Belton Center for the Arts-This exhibit will showcase works from a group of experienced local painters who work together. They will display a collection of art you don’t want to miss! Opening reception Saturday, July 18 7:00 to 9:00. Masks are encouraged in the interest of public health. The exhibit will be on display during regular Center for the Arts hours through September 3.
- Belton Area Museum Virtual Day Camps. The museum will put together packets of supplies and information for families to pick up before the start of each camp. During camp, Zoom virtual sessions online will be held. During these sessions campers will participate in hands-on activities. Campers will also be provide different ways they can interact with each other and the instructor. The camps will also include presentations by guest professionals. Instructions for all virtual events will be included in the registration packets. Families living outside the Belton area may request their supplies be mailed if they are registered before July 17.
- The Wonderful World of Animals-July 28-30 10 to noon. Campers will learn all about animal habitats, endangered species, and way we can all help protect both. Open to children ages 7 to 12. Each camp is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Call 338-7400 or email [email protected] for more information.
- Belton Area Museum Virtual Day Camp 2-Rock Hounds and Fossil Finders-August 4-6 10 to noon. Campers will learn about different types of rocks, how gemstones are formed, and all about fossils. Open to children ages 7 to 12. Each camp is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Call 338-7400 or email [email protected] for more information.
- Expedition: A Natural History Adventure Around the World, Belton Area Museum-This exhibit will kickoff in August. No traditional opening event is planned.
Leave a Reply