Belton Events Scheduled Through The Winter and Early Spring:
Events and activities scheduled for Belton during the winter and early spring, emphasizing Belton’s slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
- Combo Kings: Enjoy great music and dancing….and open to the public at the Listening Room on Main. $10/person admission. Most events at the Listening Room start at 6:30. Wine, beer soft drinks and water are sold for $3. The band usually performs on Tuesday evenings. Doors open at a 6:30 and the band plays from 7:30 to 9:30.
- Artists’ Gathering, Belton Center for the Arts-Every Tuesday morning from 10:00 to 12:00. Members of the Belton Center for the Arts are offered the opportunity to use the upstairs classroom at no charge. Get inspiration or critique from other artists if you’d like, or just work independently. Depending on interest, live models may be available occasionally. Bring your own materials and no insttuction is provided. Email Mary Anne Porter at [email protected] if you are interested in attending. No registration is required.
- Artesania: The Folk Art of Mexico, Belton Area Museum-This exhibit contains relics and artifacts from our Southern border country, made by small scale artisans in cottage industries throughout the 20th Century. Items on display include yarn art, tapestries, pottery and vases, bead work, prayer bowls, masks, figurines, paper mache items, religious icons, home décor, and wood carvings which reflect the workmanship, traditions, and folklore of the indigenous peoples of Mexico. “Every other year, Anderson County celebrates a country during the International Festival. This year, municipalities were encouraged to create their own country celebrations. BAMA chose Mexico because several people have visited that country on vacations or due to textile business dealings even lived in that country for long periods of time and brought back artifacts that would be readily available for display,” said BAMA Executive Director Abigail Burden. Sponsored by the City of Belton HTAX and Anderson County ATAX, the event and exhibit are free to attend. The exhibit will be on display through March 7 during normal museum hours, Wednesday – Friday, 9 am to 2 pm or Saturday, 10 am – noon, or call to arrange a group tour.
- Out Of The Woods, Belton Center for the Arts-An exhibit featuring local artisans features work from the hands of area woodworkers. The exhibit will be on display through February 14 during normal Center for the Arts hours.
- Fiesta! Night for the Museum, Belton Area Museum-Thursday, February 27 at the Historic Belton Depot. Join BAMA for their biennial fundraiser. There will be delicious food from Mexico, a large variety of silent auction items as well as a live auction. Details to follow.
- 6th Annual Community Rummage and Craft Sale, Belton Area Museum-Saturday, March 21 at the Historic Belton Depot starting at 8:00 a.m. Details to follow.
- Expedition! A Natural History Adventure Around the World, Belton Area Museum-Opening celebration March 29. Details to follow.
- Chili Pepper Golf Tournament, Belton Area Museum-Friday, April 3. Details to follow.
- South Carolina Chili Cook-Off Championships, Belton Alliance-Saturday, April 4 10:00 to 4:00 On the Square in Belton. Sanctioned by the International Chili Society. Enjoy 5 chili tastings for $5, or unlimited tastings for $15. Hot Chili Eating Contest. Entertainment and food vendors. Sunday, April 5 Eggs & Kegs (private event for cooks only). Visit www.scchilicookoff.com for more information.
Leave a Reply