Belton Events Scheduled During the First Quarter of 2019:
Events and activities scheduled for Belton through the end of the year, emphasizing Belton’s slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
- Combo Kings: Enjoy great music and dancing….FREE and open to the public at the Listening Room on Main. Most events at the Listening Room start at 6:30. Wine and beer are sold for $2 with the proceeds to go to Belton non-profit organizations, including the Belton Alliance, the Belton Tennis Association and the Belton Center for the Arts. The band usually performs on Tuesday evenings starting a 6:30.
- Be on the lookout for their winter and spring schedule.
- Construction & Paper: Printmaking, Collage & 3D Media, Belton Center for the Arts. An exhibit which features artist working in collage, printmaking and 3D Media. The exhibit will remain on display during regular Center for the Arts hours thru February 16.
- How Things Work, Belton Area Museum. The exhibit at the Historic Belton Depot explores simple and complex machines. Discover the science behind everyday objects and machines like a skid steer, dump truck, ambulance, earth moving machines, fire truck, and garbage truck on display during the opening exhibit. Through fun, first-hand investigation, find out how electrical mechanisms work. See how wheels, inclined planes, wedges, screws, pulleys and cogs make construction easier. Build a bridge, create a toy with a 3-d printer, and make music with interesting objects. The exhibit will continue during normal Museum hours (Wed. Thurs. & Fri. 9 to 2 and Sat. 10 to 12) thru March 9.
- Belton-Honea Path Fellowship of Christian Athletes Development Dinner. Tuesday, March 19 at 6:30 in the BHP High School cafeteria. Former Wofford College football coach Mike Ayers will be the guest speaker. The community is invited. Contact Matt Wurst at [email protected] for more information.
- Anderson District Two Spring Showcase, Belton Center for the Arts. March is youth art month! The Belton Center for the Arts celebrates art education by showcasing the vibrant talents of our schoolchildren. Opening reception February 28 5:00 to 7:00. The exhibit will continue during regular Center for the Arts hours thru February 28.
- Belton Alliance St. Patrick’s Day Celebration. Thursday, March 14 at 6:00 at the Listening Room. Wear your green and enjoy beer, wine soft drinks and fish ‘n chips from 6:00 to 7:00 and hear a brief program on the activities and 2019 plans for the Belton Alliance. Drinks will sell for $2 each and fish ‘n chips for $5/plate. The Combo Kings will play at 7:00.
- A Little Bit Country, Belton Area Museum. The exhibit opening will take place on Sunday, March 31 at the Historic Belton Train Depot. More details on the exhibit to come.
- South Carolina Chili Cookoff Championship. Enjoy a day of good food, entertainment and fun on the Belton Square. Click on the Chili Cookoff link on the home page for more information.
Leave a Reply