Belton Events Scheduled Through The Winter and Early Spring:
Note…most events have been postponed or cancelled due to the Corona Virus.
Events and activities scheduled for Belton during the winter and early spring, emphasizing Belton’s slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
- Combo Kings: Enjoy great music and dancing….and open to the public at the Listening Room on Main. $10/person admission. Most events at the Listening Room start at 7:00 and the band plays until 9:45 Wine, beer, soft drinks and water are sold for $3. The band usually performs on Tuesday evenings. See the separate post on the Combo Kings for their latest schedule. Doors open at a 6:00.
- Artists’ Gathering, Belton Center for the Arts-Every Tuesday morning from 10:00 to 12:00. Members of the Belton Center for the Arts are offered the opportunity to use the upstairs classroom at no charge. Get inspiration or critique from other artists if you’d like, or just work independently. Depending on interest, live models may be available occasionally. Bring your own materials and no instruction is provided. Email Mary Anne Porter at [email protected] if you are interested in attending. No registration is required.
- Art Classes, Belton Center for the Arts-Classes for children and adults:
- Prayer Bowls. Groups may contact the Center for the Arts to schedule. Often we mean to think or pray for others, but forget what those needs are. A prayer bowl solves that problem by creating a space to store those reminders. Decorate ceramic bowls with alcohol inks to serve as your own “prayer bowl.”
- Expedition! A Natural History Adventure Around the World, Belton Area Museum-Opening celebration March 29. Details to follow.
- April Showers, Belton Center for the Arts-This exhibit with showcase works related to the theme: “April showers bring May flowers.” The interpretation may be literal or figurative. Opening reception Saturday, April 11 7:00 to 9:00. Open during regular Center for the Arts hours through May 15.
- Chili Pepper Golf Tournament, Belton Area Museum-Friday, May 29. Details to follow.
- South Carolina Chili Cook-Off Championships, Belton Alliance (postponed from the original April 4 date)-Saturday, May 30 10:00 to 4:00 On the Square in Belton. Sanctioned by the International Chili Society. Enjoy 5 chili tastings for $5, or unlimited tastings for $15. Hot Chili Eating Contest. Entertainment and food vendors. Sunday, April 5 Eggs & Kegs (private event for cooks only). Visit www.scchilicookoff.com for more information or see separate post “S. C. Chili Cookoffs.”
Leave a Reply