Belton Events Scheduled Through the Spring and Summer:
Note…most events through April have been postponed or cancelled due to the Corona Virus.
Events and activities scheduled for Belton during the winter and early spring, emphasizing Belton’s slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
- Combo Kings: Enjoy great music and dancing….and open to the public at the Listening Room on Main. $10/person admission. Most events at the Listening Room start at 7:00 and the band plays until 9:45 Wine, beer, soft drinks and water are sold for $3. The band usually performs on Tuesday evenings. See the separate post on the Combo Kings for their latest schedule. Doors open at a 6:00.
- Artists’ Gathering, Belton Center for the Arts-Every Tuesday morning from 10:00 to 12:00. Members of the Belton Center for the Arts are offered the opportunity to use the upstairs classroom at no charge. Get inspiration or critique from other artists if you’d like, or just work independently. Depending on interest, live models may be available occasionally. Bring your own materials and no instruction is provided. Email Mary Anne Porter at [email protected] if you are interested in attending. No registration is required.
- Art Classes, Belton Center for the Arts-Classes for children and adults:
- Prayer Bowls. Groups may contact the Center for the Arts to schedule. Often we mean to think or pray for others, but forget what those needs are. A prayer bowl solves that problem by creating a space to store those reminders. Decorate ceramic bowls with alcohol inks to serve as your own “prayer bowl.”
- Expedition! A Natural History Adventure Around the World, Belton Area Museum-Opening celebration May 17. Take a trip around the world, coming face to face with animals, gemstones, minerals, and fossils from six of the seven continents. The museum is excited to once again put on display animals from the Finley Family taxidermy collections and gemstones from Gina Clary, owner of Diamond Hill Mine. The exhibit will be on display during regular museum hours through October 10.
- Community Rummage and Craft Sale-Saturday, May 23 from 10:00 to 3:00. Sponsored by the Belton Area Museum Association. Join in the fun and bargains at the Belton Community Center. 10 x 10 booths available for sellers. Free admission.
- April Showers, Belton Center for the Arts-This exhibit showcases works related to the theme: “April showers bring May flowers.” The interpretation may be literal or figurative. The exhibit is open during regular Center for the Arts hours through May 15.
- Chili Pepper Golf Tournament, Belton Area Museum-1:00, Friday, May 29 at Saluda Valley Country Club in Williamston. $300 per team or $75 per individual. Captain’s Choice format. Includes a meal before tee off, golf and prizes for the top three teams, closest to the pin, and longest drive. Drawings will also be held for door prizes. Make checks payable to the Belton Museum Association. Entry deadline May 22. Call 8674-958-5264 or 864-338-7400 for more information or to sign up.
- South Carolina Chili Cook-Off Championships, Belton Alliance (postponed from the original April 4 date)-Saturday, May 30 10:00 to 4:00 On the Square in Belton. Sanctioned by the International Chili Society. Enjoy 5 chili tastings for $5, or unlimited tastings for $15. Hot Chili Eating Contest. Entertainment and food vendors. Sunday, April 5 Eggs & Kegs (private event for cooks only). Visit www.scchilicookoff.com for more information or see separate post “S. C. Chili Cookoffs.”
- Local Color, Belton Center for the Arts-This exhibit will showcase works from African American artists. The exhibit is not limited by subject matter or media. The exhibit is part of the “Gallery Gallivant” on display at six galleries from the Upstate Art Alliance. Opening reception Saturday, July 18 7:00 to 9:00. The exhibit will be on display during regular Center for the Arts hours through August 28.
- Belton Area Museum Summer Camp 1-The Wonderful World of Animals-July 28-30 at the Belton Depot. Details to follow.
- Belton Area Museum Summer Camp 2-Rock Hounds and Fossil Finders-August 4-6 at the Belton Depot. Details to follow.
Leave a Reply