- This event has passed.
Willkommen German Exhibit
Feb 25 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until April 2, 2022
As part of the Anderson International Festival German Fest, the Belton Area Museum Association (BAMA) invites everyone to enjoy an afternoon celebration of German culture and ingenuity.
The exhibit features ceramics, clocks, wood carvings, decorative steins, music, furniture, souvenirs, and interesting artifacts that typify the German culture.
Listen to a variety of famous German composers at the listening station, create a simple scherenschnitte cut out, learn some German folk dance steps, and revel in the variety of items on display in the exhibit.
After the opening celebration, the exhibit is open Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 9 am to 2 pm, and Saturdays, 10 am to noon until April 2, 2022 in the North End Gallery.
All guests are encouraged to follow safety guidelines such as wearing protective masks and practicing social distancing.
Thanks to our sponsors the City of Belton HTAX Fund and Anderson County, the exhibit and its opening are free to the public.
Special group tours can be arranged by contacting executive director Abigail Burden at 864-338-7400 or [email protected]
In addition to the exhibit, several other activities are planned throughout the next few months. In February, the BHP Drama Department will perform a theater-in-the-round production of Grimm’s Fairy Tales. This two-night limited engagement on February 24 and 25 will be held in the center section of the Belton depot. Admission will be $5.
On Thursday evening, March 24, the center section will be transformed into a German wunderbar beirhaus with amazing cuisine and drinks being served to all patrons.
This biennial fundraiser benefits the museum’s programming and sustainability projects.
Tickets are $30 each or two for $50. Ask BAMA board members for tickets or call 338-7400. Sponsorships are being sought now.
“We will be monitoring Anderson County Covid 19 numbers and CDC recommendations closely to determine if any of these planned programs will need to be canceled or postponed,” said Board of Director President J. E. Palmer.
Please check BAMA’s Facebook page for updated information.
The Belton Area Museum Association is a place where people of all ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities can learn about and experience our area’s history and culture. Museum admission is free.
“Come join us for all these wonderful activities showcasing the German culture!” said BAMA Executive Director Abigail Burden.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.