- This event has passed.
Exhibit H2O: The Power of Water
Jun 13 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until August 25, 2018
BAMA presents its newest exhibit–H2O: The Power of Water.
The exhibit deals with all things water: the power of water, the science of water, recreational opportunities that water provides for our area, and more. In addition to viewing the items on loan for the exhibit, listen to the soothing sounds of waterfalls, watch videos on Broadway Lake and Hartwell Lake, learn to surf, manhandle firemen’s hoses, and row a boat indoors!
With interesting artifacts and engaging activities included in the exhibit, visitors will learn more about water’s importance to the development of our county and to the very existence of everyday life.
Several activities have been planned as ties-ins throughout the run of the exhibit including the Saluda River Rally (June 2), a fun day at Discovery Island Water Park (June 26), YMCA Learn-to-Swim Classes (June – Aug.), two weeks of children’s summer camps (July 17 – 19, and July 24 – 26), a SC Department of Natural Resources Boater Safety Course (July 21), and a SC Waterfall Family Hiking Trip (Aug. 25).
Presented by Anderson Regional Water Authority, the exhibit is available free of charge for all visitors until August 25. Additional sponsors include the City of Belton HTAX Fund, Anderson County ATAX Fund, Captain Dave’s Boating World, Lowe’s, SCDNR, and Duke Energy.
The Belton Area Museum Association exists to collect, exhibit, preserve, and interpret the artifacts, sites, antiquities, and genealogical, archival, cultural, and natural history of our area. The museums are open Wednesday – Friday 9 am-2 pm, and Saturday 9 am–1 pm, or by appointment.
Have an event you would like added to the calendar?
Please fill out the fields below and submit your event. Your event submission will be review and you will be notified when event is approved and added to the calendar.
Community Calendar Policy
1. The Community Calendar is for the promotion of special local events hosted by non-profit organizations, the City of Belton and Anderson County.
2. Organizations may submit special public events and annual fund raisers (but not regular meetings or private event announcements) to be posted.
3. Calendar items may be static or may include a link to the website of the sponsor organization to provide additional information.
4. The Belton Alliance will attempt to reflect accurate information on the Community Calendar, but cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by any organization.
5. The Belton Alliance retains the final authority to determine if an event may be posted on the Community Calendar.