Belton Events Scheduled for the Winter and Spring Months
Events and activities scheduled for Belton through May, emphasizing Belton’s new slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
- Thread Head Quilt Show-Belton Center for the Arts. The exhibit features art quilts for the members of the Thread Heads, a group of fiber artists based in the upstate, displaying a range of pieces both abstract and representational and continues through February 17.
- Wheels On Fire-Belton Depot. Celebrating all things with wheels that make our lives more convenient, more fun, and more exciting! There are antique and vintage wheel-related items of all types on display, from a classic motorcycle to 1950’s roller skates, from racing memorabilia to a collection of pedal cards, from racing clothing and gear to photographs of people enjoying their wheels, from mechanic’s tolls to bicycles. While visiting the exhibit children can make a Lego car and race it to victory, climb on a jungle gym made from tractor and truck tires, enjoy a touch and ID table of car parts, or play a game of matching hubcaps. This free exhibit will be on display on the north end of the Historic Belton Depot through April 8 during regular museum hours, from 9 am to 2 pm Wednesday through Friday and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association and sponsored by Anderson County ATAX, City of Belton HTAX, Baron Tire and Belton Motors.
- Loretta Holloway, A Valentine Special, 7:30 to 9:00, Saturday, February 11-Enjoy a presentation of songs by South Carolina’s First Lady of Song at the Listening Room. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased at the Belton Center for the Arts.
- Mother/Son Date Knight-Belton Armory. February 17, 6 to 9 pm. $30 per couple plus $10 per extra child. Presented by the City of Belton Parks & Recreation Department.
- Father/Daughter Dance-Belton Armory. February 18, 6 to 9 pm. $30 per couple plus $10 per extra child. Presented by the City of Belton Parks & Recreation Department.
- Anderson School District Two Spring Showcase-Belton Center for the Arts. Opening reception March 1, 4 to 6 pm. The exhibit features artwork from local students and continues through March 24. Presented by the Belton Center for the Arts.
- Wine Down Women: Spring Bird Houses-Belton Center for the Arts-March 9, 6 to 8 pm. Welcome the arrival of spring! Cover a 10″ bird house with your own masterful artwork to give unique flair to your porch or garden. Wine and materials are provided. $32 for members; $37 for non-members.
- Belton Alliance St. Patrick’s Day After 5-The Listening Room. March 17. Wear your green and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Belton. Network with area friends and business people and enjoy free refreshments and snacks from 5:30 to 7:00. The party continues with the Combo Kings at 7:00 featuring your favorite music with food and drinks available for purchase.
- 5th Annual Community-wide Craft and Rummage Sale-Belton Depot. March 18, 8 am to 1 pm. Purchase unusual crafts and find treasures not yet discovered. Vendor fee is $10. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association.
- Easter Egg Hunt-J. C. Ballpark. Opening Reception April 1, 7 to 9 pm. Time to be announced. Free. Presented by the City of Belton Parks & Recreation Department.
- Mini Marvels-Belton Center for the Arts. April 1. The exhibit features works smaller than 12″ x 12″ and continues through May 12. Presented by the Belton Center for the Arts.
- South Carolina Chili Cook Off Championships-On the Square April 7 and 8. Visit www.scchilicookoff.com for a complete schedule and information. Sponsored by Industrial Maintenance Service and presented by the Belton Alliance.
- Grand Reopening of the Ruth Drake Museum and Spring Plant Sale-Belton Depot. April 8 10 am to 4 pm. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association.
- Rhythm on the Rails Concert Series-Belton Depot. Friday nights April 14 and 28 and May 12 and 26. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association. Go to beltonmuseum.com for more information.
- Jazz: More Than Just the Music-Belton Depot-Opening celebration April 30, 3 to 5 pm. The free exhibit continues during regular museum hours through July 1. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association.
- Relay for Life-Belton City Square. The Belton and Williamston Relay for Life. May 5, 6 pm to 12 midnight. Presented by the American Cancer Society.
- Derby Days Party-The Listening Room. May 6, 4 to 7. Join friends and enjoy the most exciting 2 minutes in sports…..the Kentucky Derby, the first leg of the Triple Crown. Presented by the Belton Center for the Arts.
- Belton Night with the Greenville Drive-Flour Field. May 8. Join Belton little leaguers and family members for a night of baseball fun. Presented by the City of Belton Parks & Recreation Department.
- Palmetto Championships Presented by Chick-fil-A of Anderson-Belton Tennis Center. May 26-30. Featuring South Carolina’s top junior tennis players. Go to www.beltontennis.com for complete information. Presented by the Belton Tennis Association and sponsored by Chick-fil-A of Anderson.
- The Combo Kings-Enjoy great music…beach, classic rock and show tunes. Tuesday evenings at 7:30. Check back for a schedule.
- Most events are supported by funding provided by the City of Belton hospitality tax and the Anderson County ATAX.
Leave a Reply