Belton Events Scheduled for the Winter and Spring Months
Events and activities scheduled for Belton through May, emphasizing Belton’s new slogan “A Historic Heart….with a new beat!” include:
- Wheels On Fire-Belton Depot. Celebrating all things with wheels that make our lives more convenient, more fun, and more exciting! There are antique and vintage wheel-related items of all types on display, from a classic motorcycle to 1950’s roller skates, from racing memorabilia to a collection of pedal cards, from racing clothing and gear to photographs of people enjoying their wheels, from mechanic’s tolls to bicycles. While visiting the exhibit children can make a Lego car and race it to victory, climb on a jungle gym made from tractor and truck tires, enjoy a touch and ID table of car parts, or play a game of matching hubcaps. This free exhibit will be on display on the north end of the Historic Belton Depot through April 8 during regular museum hours, from 9 am to 2 pm Wednesday through Friday and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association and sponsored by Anderson County ATAX, City of Belton HTAX, Baron Tire and Belton Motors.
- Easter Egg Hunt-Leda Poore Park. April 1, 2:00 to 4:00 for children ages 10 and under. Free admission with donation of a non-perishable food item. Don’t forget your Easter baskets to collect your eggs. All eggs will be filled with a treat. Kids will be separated into 3 age groups. Refreshments. “Golden Egg” prizes. Bring your camera for photos with the Easter Bunny. Presented by the City of Belton Parks & Recreation Department.
- Mini Marvels-Belton Center for the Arts. April 1. The exhibit features works smaller than 12″ x 12″ and continues through May 12. Presented by the Belton Center for the Arts.
- South Carolina Chili Cook Off Championships-On the Square April 7 and 8. Visit www.scchilicookoff.com for a complete schedule and information. Sponsored by Industrial Maintenance Service and presented by the Belton Alliance.
- Grand Reopening of the Ruth Drake Museum and Spring Plant Sale-Belton Depot. April 8 10 am to 4 pm. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association.
- Rhythm on the Rails Concert Series-Belton Depot. Friday nights April 14 and 28 and May 12 and 26. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association. Go to beltonmuseum.com for more information.
- Jazz: More Than Just the Music-Belton Depot-Opening celebration April 30, 3 to 5 pm. The free exhibit continues during regular museum hours through July 1. Presented by the Belton Area Museum Association.
- Relay for Life-Belton City Square. The Belton and Williamston Relay for Life. May 5, 6 pm to 12 midnight. Presented by the American Cancer Society.
- Derby Days Party-The Listening Room. May 6, 4 to 8. $20/person. Join friends and enjoy the most exciting 2 minutes in sports…..the Kentucky Derby, the first leg of the Triple Crown. Silent and live auctions. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and cash bar. Chance to win cash giveaway. Presented by the Belton Center for the Arts.Derby Days Flyer
- Belton Night with the Greenville Drive-Flour Field. May 8. Join Belton little leaguers and family members for a night of baseball fun. Presented by the City of Belton Parks & Recreation Department.
- Palmetto Championships Presented by Chick-fil-A of Anderson-Belton Tennis Center. May 26-30. Featuring South Carolina’s top junior tennis players. Go to www.beltontennis.com for complete information. Presented by the Belton Tennis Association and sponsored by Chick-fil-A of Anderson.
- The Combo Kings-Enjoy great music…beach, classic rock and show tunes. Tuesday evenings at 7:30. Check back for a schedule.
- Most events are supported by funding provided by the City of Belton hospitality tax and the Anderson County ATAX.
Leave a Reply